Which of the following are characteristics of neurons?
transmits impulses from skin toward or to CNS. Mostly unipolar. Some bipolar. carry impulses away form CNS to effector organs.
What are the four characteristics of neurons?
Neurons have four specialized structures that allow for the sending and receiving of information: the cell body (soma), dendrites, axon and axon terminals (see lowest figure). Cell body or soma: The cell body is the portion of the cell that surrounds the nucleus and plays a major role in synthesizing proteins.
Which of the following is not a part of a neuron?
The correct answer is Collecting duct. The collecting duct is not a part of Neuron.
Which of the following are characteristics of neurons quizlet?
Terms in this set (6)
- Excitability. Produce nerve impulses and respond to stimuli.
- Conductivity. Conduct nerve impulses and send signals.
- Secrection. Secret neurotransmitters.
- Extreme longevity. Last your entire life.
- Amitotic. don’t divide / reproduce.
- High Metabolic rate. Use lots of O2 / glucose.