What major events happened in 2004?
What Happened in 2004 Significant News Events, Popular Culture, History Prices
- Greece — Summer Olympics.
- Strongest earthquake in 40 years.
- United States – Mars Spirit Rover.
- EU undergoes it’s largest expansion so far.
- Space – Cassini-Huygens Probe.
- Boston Red Sox win the World Series.
- NASA Launches Gravity Probe B.
What was 2004 known for?
2004 was a year dominated not just by the unpredictable, but also the unpredicted. It was a year dominated not just by the unpredictable, but also the unpredicted. In politics, business or sports, nothing turned out the way it was supposed to. … Above all, 2004 taught us never to take things for granted.
What happened Nov 2004?
Nov 6 An express train collides with a stationary car near the village of Ufton Nervet, England, killing 6 and injuring 150. Nov 7 War in Iraq: The interim government of Iraq calls for a 60-day “state of emergency” as U.S. forces storm the insurgent stronghold of Fallujah.
What events happened in August 2004?
- Aug 12 New Jersey Governor James McGreevey comes out publicly as gay.
- Aug 13 156 Congolese Tutsi refugees massacred at the Gatumba refugee camp in Burundi.
- Aug 13 Black Friday crackdown by NSS on a peaceful protest in the capital city of Maldives, Malxe9.