What is reflex action and examples?
A few examples of reflex action are: When light acts as a stimulus, the pupil of the eye changes in size. Sudden jerky withdrawal of hand or leg when pricked by a pin. Coughing or sneezing, because of irritants in the nasal passages. Knees jerk in response to a blow or someone stamping the leg.
What are reflex actions give 4 examples?
List Down 10 Examples of Reflex Action
- Closing of eyes when a bright light hits our eyes.
- Sudden withdrawing hands or legs when they touch something hot or pricking.
- Coughing or sneezing due to irritants in the nasal passage.
- Batting of eyelids frequently.
- Blinking eyes when insects come in contact.
- Rooting reflex in infants.
What are types of reflex action?
There are two types of reflex arcs: autonomic reflex arc (affecting inner organs) and somatic reflex arc (affecting muscles).
What are the four types of reflex action?
In our discussion we will examine four major reflexes that are integrated within the spinal cord: the stretch reflex, the Golgi tendon reflex, the withdrawal reflex and the crossed extensor reflex.