What are the four stages of the compilation process?
The phases of a compiler are:
- Lexical analysis.
- Syntax analysis.
- Semantic analysis.
- Intermediate code generator.
- Code optimizer.
- Code generator.
What are the stages of a compiler?
Lexical analysis is the first stage of the compilation process, where the source code created by the programmer is tokenised for translation into executable code.
symbol table construction.
What is the first stage of compilation process?
Types of Compiler
- Cross Compilers. They produce an executable machine code for a platform but, this platform is not the one on which the compiler is running.
- Bootstrap Compilers. These compilers are written in a programming language that they have to compile.
- Source to source/transcompiler.
What are the 4 stages of compilation?
Stages of compilation
- lexical analysis.
- symbol table construction.
- syntax analysis.
- semantic analysis.
- code generation.