Can you simplify x 2 6?
Solve for x means find the value of x that would make the equation you see true. Think about this equation: x + 1 3. If you were asked to solve it, that would mean finding some value for x that gives you three when you add one to it.
How do you solve x squared 6?
- Radical already isolated. u221ax-2 6.
- Raise both sides to the second power. (u221ax-2)2 (6)2 After squaring. x-2 36.
- Original equation. u221ax-2 6. Plug in 38 for x. u221a(38)-2 6. u221a36 6. Solution checks !! Solution is: x 38.
How do you solve for x?
A General Rule for Solving Equations
- Simplify each side of the equation by removing parentheses and combining like terms.
- Use addition or subtraction to isolate the variable term on one side of the equation.
- Use multiplication or division to solve for the variable.